Agra is a city in northern India’s Uttar Pradesh state. It’s home to the iconic Taj Mahal, a mausoleum built for the Mughal ruler Shah Jahan’s wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in childbirth in 1631. The imposing main building features a massive dome and intricately carved white marble inlaid with precious stones. This is set behind a reflecting pool inside a courtyard defined by 4 minarets. Agra is also home to the Agra Fort, the former residence of the Mughal emperors. Built in the 16th century, this massive fort is a superb example of Mughal architecture, with its symmetrical red sandstone walls and gardens. Inside, you’ll find a number of beautiful buildings, including the Moti Masjid, or Pearl Mosque, as well as a host of other attractions.
- By Kaisar Andrabi | 22 Dec 2022 10:26 AM GMT
- By Runjay Kumar | 22 Sep 2022 11:23 AM GMT
- By Srijit Das | 26 Aug 2022 9:42 AM GMT
- By Anmol Alphonso | 21 Dec 2021 1:57 PM GMT
- By Saket Tiwari | 21 May 2021 2:58 PM GMT
- By Anmol Alphonso | 21 April 2021 9:12 AM GMT