- Willingness to learn.
- A keen eye for news and some creativity.
To fight misinformation, explain issues and make the internet safer. BOOM is one of India's first and leading fact checking website and initiative, committed to provide readers journalistically verified facts.
Why I Love BOOM
“I am thankful to the BOOM team that gave me an opportunity to work at the organisation. It was a great experience. I am grateful to the team for making me grow and learn new skills. I really appreciate the clarity that BOOM team provided on each project. The team inspired me to work harder and think more creatively. Also, I really appreciate the flexibility that the team gave me which in turn helped me in being more productive.”
“I got to learn and do a lot during my internship at BOOM. It was a wonderful experience working with the organisation. I learnt how to fact-check, how to write a fact-check, importance of SEO in stories, importance of claim-review rating on Google schema. I learnt a lot while working with Hindi editor Sumit Sir and others. The three-month internship was a real fact-checking training for me where I also got the opportunity to publish my work. Overall, BOOM's work culture was a pleasant experience for me.”
“BOOM Live is a lovely place tackling several languages and debunking misinformation everyday. Although, I was working in work from mode, but the work environment is so good that it seemed like family to me. It’s been a short while since I started interning at BOOM and I can say that among all the previous organisations I have sidhee with, BOOM Live seems to be the best place to work. One of the reasons is that everyone here behaves in a very friendly manner. Nobody had a problem even if I didn’t understand something and asked questions multiple times. I am fortunate that BOOM Live helped me develop as a fact-checker by explaining all the tools and techniques.”
“Working in BOOM Live was a wonderful opportunity and it was an absolute pleasure to start my career with BOOM. It was great to work with a team who was always available for help and guidance. Learning about fact-checking and doing it on a practical basis at BOOM's professional and friendly environment made my working experience even better.”
We are available here
Key Highlights of the BOOM
- India's first and leading fact checking website and initiative.
- First Indian member of the International Fact Checking Network (IFCN).
- First to partner with Facebook on its Third Party Fact Checking Programme from India.
- First fact checker to launch a WhatsApp helpline where you can send in your posts & forwards to be fact checked.
- It is available in three Indian languages i.e. English, Hindi and Bengali. Additionally, it is expanded to Bangladesh and Myanmar with local websites.
- Market cap has replaced assets as go-to driving force for investors and companies