Rishi Bagree describes himself as 'an ordinary tax paying citizen' on his Twitter profile. With over 200 K followers on the social media platform, Bagree is popular/notorious for his often controversial tweets-- some of them includes spreading misinformation. After demonetisation was announced on November 8, 2016, Bagree was among those who claimed that the new notes of Rs 2000 denomination will be embedded with nano GPS chips, with the objective of tracking illegally hoarded cash. The claim was obviously false. He has also spread misinformation on Arundhati Roy, Shabana Azmi and Barkha Dutt among others. Back in June 2020, Twitter discovered that Bagree had been posting photos (often of food) from others. Some of the photos were plagiarised from Google images, others were lifted from websites while yet others were simply copied from other social media posts.
- By Hazel Gandhi | 5 Aug 2023 8:28 AM GMT
- By Nivedita Niranjankumar | 25 May 2023 11:32 AM GMT
- By Swasti Chatterjee | 1 Feb 2023 11:44 AM GMT
- By Mohammed Kudrati | 6 Jan 2021 10:28 AM GMT
- By Suhash Bhattacharya | 11 Oct 2020 1:22 PM GMT
- By Nivedita Niranjankumar | 7 July 2020 8:01 AM GMT
- By Mohammed Kudrati | 5 May 2020 2:30 PM GMT