'The portal of entry of the virus is a specific kind of receptor in the human lungs,' says Dr. Karan Madan to BOOM's Govindraj Ethiraj.
He further said -
* People who already have an advance degree of lung disease should be more careful and should practice proper social distancing.
* Infection control precautions and adequate equipment are important especially for medical staff who screen and manage sick patients.
* COVID-19 patients should be managed in a separate area so that the infection doesn't spread to other patients.
* The lockdown has been enforced because of a specific purpose. There should be no laxity.
* Difficult to predict anything as of now as these viruses change their character over time as they circulate.
Updated On: 2020-04-18T22:43:17+05:30