We are India’s premier fact-checking website and have pioneered social media fact checking in the country. We are a small and young team that punches above its weight. You will be working with the best fact checking team in the country and will be trained on the job.
Interested candidates may please e-mail their resumes to the below provided ids. Kindly mention the Job Title in the Subject Box of the e-mail.
NEWS EDITOR- Hindi
BOOM is seeking a dynamic hands-on News Editor for its Hindi fact-checking website. We are looking for a highly driven self-starter with 5-7 years work experience, take charge of our Hindi fact-checks and hit the ground running. The successful candidate is expected to keep a pulse on the news in India. Our News Editor will search for claims to fact-check, research and write. In addition, the role would involve actively monitoring various social media platforms. Interested candidates should be tech savvy and write stories that adhere to the highest standards of journalism.
Fluency in written and spoken Hindi is a must. The role is ideal for those who thrive under the pressure of a newsroom and enjoy building and mentoring a team.
This is an invaluable opportunity to join the fight against misinformation and disinformation in India and learn new verification skills in one of the most exciting newsrooms of the country.
PRODUCER – Social Media/Community Engagement
As a crucial member of BOOM’s fact checking team, you will help ideate, produce and distribute stories for all of our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn. You should have a passion for news, high on editorial integrity and ability to keep all our engagement in line with the fact checking principles of the newsroom. You should be comfortable working under pressure in an environment that will expect you to improvise and deliver on stiff deadlines.
- To create a daily distribution plan for all social media platforms
- To track Twitter and identify potential story ideas
- Examine and evaluate social media analytics, track conversation around topics and hashtags
- To ideate, produce and share platform specific videos
- To create campaigns that will drive engagement and build audiences
- To work with different sections of the audience and create traction for BOOM’s stories
- To develop new ideas that can help build a community who will support subscription
- To work on SEO for videos posted on YouTube
- 2-5 years experience handling social media
- Newsroom experience will help but not a must
- Strong picture editing skills, use gifs and other social media tools to engage followers
- Extensive knowledge of news and current events, latest trends in social media, business, entertainment, sports and politics
- Forward planning of events to help the newsroom
We are looking for a SEO wizard who will be responsible for expanding our website, Social media presence and drive traffic organically.
Experience: 2 years
Location: Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Optimizing websites for search engine optimization.
- Possess skills like Link Building, Directory Submission, etc.
- Expert in Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Tools.
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword oportunities
- Researching and implementing recommendations for organic SEO success
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with marketing and content teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO position for target keywords
- Drive and grow organic traffic on the website
- Analyse SEO performance weekly and monthly to ensure the organic traffic growth stays targeted growth course